Capital Metro Company (CAMCO ) is a joint ownership between RATP Dev (80%) , the French company specialized in developing, operating and maintaining new transportation systems in France, Europe, and around the world and SAPTCO (20%), Saudi company which provides public transport services across the Kingdom. CAMCO is established to operate and maintain the Blue Line 1 (38 km) and the Red Line 2 (25.3 km) out of the 6 lines of the Riyadh Metro project owned by the Royal Commission of Riyadh City. CAMCO is awarded this contract for 12 years.
Riyadh Metro Operations & Maintenance Project
This route covers 38 KM
- Excavation of a deep tunnel (25 - 40 meters) on Al Olaya and King Faisal road extended to 17.3 KM, and this tunnel will be built by using the Tunnel Boring Technique.
- Implementation of two major stations: King Abdullah Financial District Station and Olaya Station.
- Implementation of transfer station next to King Abdul Aziz Historical Center (where this line meets line 5 on King Abdul Aziz Road.)
- Implementation of 3 Park & Ride Car Parks, with 600 park spaces for each.
This route covers 25.3 KM
- Implementation of passenger stations to serve main areas nearby: King Saud University, Prince Salman Science Oasis, Education zone includes each of: (Ministry of Education, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh Technical college), Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center, King Salman Social Center, King Fahad International Stadium
- Implementation of 2 Park & Ride Car Parks, with 600 parking spaces for each
- Implementation of two depots for stabling and maintenance near King Fahad Stadium, with total area of 122 thousands square meters.